Monday, August 31, 2015

8 - Anti-Smoking

APC'S ANTI SMOKING CAMPAIGN
I don't really like smoking, in fact everytime I smell the cigarette smoke my nose gets irritated and I will start sneezing non-stop.I think I started to get used from the smell of the cigarette smoke when my father keeps on smoking inside the house. Everytime when I saw him smoke, I'd tell him to stop but he just ignores me. I kept on telling him that a 1 stick of cigarette reduces his life by 11 minutes. I read that information on PMC free article, PubMed. By the way I'm not writing this blog to share the whole story of me and my father rather I'll tell you guys that I'm really happy that there was an Anti Smoking Campaign to where I'm studying right now which is in APC. 3 Reasons why you should quit smoking. 1. First thing is, smoking reduces your life span (just like what I said earlier). Time for me is the most important thing in life, you can't buy the time you will spend in this wondrous world. With time, you can make a lot of memories with your friends, family, your partner wife or husband, your crazy siblings, your classmates, your lovers, your teachers, your pets. 2. Second thing is, smoking is a leading cause of cancer and death from cancer. It causes cancers of the lung, esophagus, larynx, mouth, throat, kidney, bladder, liver, pancreas, stomach, cervix, colon, and rectum, as well as acute myeloid leukemia. 3. Third thing is smoking causes heart disease, stroke, aortic aneurysm (a balloon-like bulge in an artery in the chest), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) (chronic bronchitis and emphysema), diabetes, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts, and worsens asthma symptoms in adults. Smokers are at higher risk of developing pneumonia, tuberculosis, and other airway infections I'm not forcing you to stop smoking but if you value your life and wanted to stay longer in this world, please quit smoking now.

No comments:

Post a Comment